Editing script of object placed from BIM Server Library using non-Teamwork mode:
*Using this method you are editing the “source” of the BIM Server Library in a separate ARCHICAD in non-teamwork mode. This is the safest way to edit library parts, since you are not disrupting teamwork at all. Only when you are finished editing and testing parts, will you synchronise the modified source with the BIM Server database. Note however, that if you use this workflow, then the source of the library should not be accessible to other team members.
- If you are in a teamwork project, save your project as a solo project. You have now detached yourself from the teamwork project. If you are already in a solo project, go to Step 2.
- In Library Manager, “remove” the BIM Server library. Then add the source of the BIM Server library to the solo project as a linked library.
- Now make your edits to the object(s) as needed, using file > libraries and objects > open object. At this point, no other users have access to this modified data, since you are editing the object at its source folder, not on the server.
- Go to Manage BIM Server libraries and click refresh. This way the BIM Server Library is refreshed from its source, and your modifications will be carried out in the BIM Server data.
- Teamwork users will update their projects with the modified BIM Server library data as soon as they do a “receive”.
- Solo users will update their projects with the modified BIM Server library data as soon as they do a reload from Library Manager.