How do I edit the script of an object that I have placed from a BIM Server Library?
Editing script of object placed from BIM Server Library while in teamwork mode:
You can edit the script of a library object placed from a BIM Server Library only if:
the source of the BIM Server Library is available to you (i.e. it is located on a server in your network, or on a local machine) the source of the library is located in a regular folder, and is not a PLA or LCF file, your access rights (if you are in teamwork) include “Library Part – Delete/Modify”. Otherwise, the Object Editor window of such an object is Read-Only.
*Tip: The source library folder of BIM Server Libraries should not be readily accessible, to prevent casual edits that will affect all projects using the library.
Provided that the conditions listed above are met:
- Select the object and open its object editing window, using file > libraries and objects > open object.
- Reserve the object editing window.
- Make the necessary edits. You are now directly editing the source of the library object, although other users cannot see your modifications yet.
- Close the window and save the modifications.
- Re-open the object editing window, then click release.
- Teamwork users will update their projects with the modified library data as soon as they do a “receive”.
- Solo users will update their projects with the modified library data as soon as they do a reload from Library Manager.