Compatibility notes on ArchiCAD and Mac OS X 10.10 have been released, Users are urged to read this before performing the upgrade. There may be issues which can affect the workflow, for instance, after the new OS X upgrade BIMx desktop users can not run this app until the first compatibility upgrade for ArchiCAD has been released.
List of Compatible and Supported ArchiCAD Versions:
- ArchiCAD 17,
- ArchiCAD 18 and their connected products. ( BIMcloud, BIMx, BIM Server Manager)
NB: BIMx desktop can not run until the first compatibility upgrade for ArchiCAD has been released.
Compatible, But Not Supported Versions
- ArchiCAD 13
- ArchiCAD 14
- ArchiCAD 15
- ArchiCAD 16
The above mentioned versions can run on the new version of Mac OS X 10.10, but there is no technical support for operating system specific problem.
- ArchiCAD 12 and older versions cannot run on OS X 10.10 due to technical limitations. (The ArchiCAD 10 file converter package has been updated to work well with OS X 10.9+)
But if the user feels the need to upgrade to a new OS X version, Please take note of the following checklist.
- Study the Graphisoft article for any known issues, difficulties
- Back up all of your ArchiCAD / BIMcloud / BIM Server specific data before upgrading the operating system
- Export all BIM Server Projects, Users, Roles in case these backups will be needed
- Make sure that you have a copy (source folder) of all BIMcloud BIM Server libraries
- Allow yourself enough time for the upgrade, do not upgrade the OS close to a deadline
- Install all current operating system Updates and ArchiCAD Updates prior to the upgrade
- Return all borrowed licenses
- Upgrade the operating system
- Install all Updates for the new system
Before upgrading, please find detailed information on compatibility and known issues which may affect workflow on the following link: http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/operating-systems/mac-os-x-10-10-yosemite/