GRAPHISOFT SA, invites all SADC Architecture students, to submit curricular project work completed in ArchiCAD, from study years 2012 and 2013, for judging, on or before 23 April 2013, 12 noon, (SA Time).
The winner of the competition will be judged as follows:
- use of ArchiCAD
- we are looking for an ArchiCAD project model
- scoring weighted to use of ArchiCAD functionality to illustrate and explore the design concept, ie. good use of the project navigator, ArchiCAD visualisation functions, etc. will be considered towards scoring
- NOTE: this is not an academic or architectural competition, such criteria will not be considered for scoring
- NOTE: this is not a rendering competition, use of external renderers is not prohibited, but such rendering quality and features achieved on other applications, will not be considered for scoring
- presentation of a well packaged ArchiCAD project and traceable presentation source files from such a packaged ArchiCAD project file will be considered towards scoring, ie. if you have a good project presentation files (such as a powerpoint document), which has visuals which are easily found from your ArchiCAD project file navigator, you will achieve good scoring
- NOTE: the ArchiCAD file that you supply, must be setup, with all reference content, to be read without errors
- consideration will only be given to students, who meet the following criteria:
- registered full time student in 2012 or 2013, in a SADC based registered and accredited graduate education institution
- applicable to architectural students only, degree and diploma courses
- students who submit project work from their curricular studies during stated period at stated institutions
- attendance at the 15th Annual ArchiCAD Conference at Melrose Arch, Johannesburg, 7-9 May 2013
- presentation of your project (as submitted for judging), on 8 May 2013, to the Conference, including 80 ArchiCAD Key Clients, Local Press and other ArchiCAD Channel Partners in SADC
- press release of winner on GRAPHISOFT SA public and social media
- airfare from Cape Town to Johannesburg (7-9 May 2013), or equal value to be allocated for travel from other SADC locations to Johannesburg, Gautrain transfers airport to venue and accommodation on 7 & 8 May 2013 in Johannesburg with daily conference transfers
- full attendance package to Conference, including day 1 and day 3 training modules
- R5,000.00 cash prize to student plus R5,000 cash prize to educational institution where submitted project studies were conducted
How to enter:
- by entering, you accept the terms and conditions of this competition as follows:
- The project work that you submit, is your work and you authorise publication of such work on this public forum
- By participating in the competition, you fully agree and accept all Terms and Conditions of the competition.
- The prize is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- No cash alternative will be offered for any portion of the prize.
- The prize winner decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Judges are: A Strauss & D Naidoo of GRAPHISOFT SA
- The winner will be announced on: 25 April 2013, 12 noon on this page
- submit your entry using one of the following mediums:
- your entry must include the following:
- scan of student ID, showing all relevant details of yours, your institution, student number, year, course, NOTE: we may request written confirmation from your institution
- ArchiCAD project file, complete with all necessary reference files such as library parts, modules, images, etc. NOTE: a clearly defined project navigator is essential
- Powerpoint or other, presentation file, which has notes explaining each slide, or narration NOTE: the presentation must be related to your ArchiCAD navigator for imagery sourcing and the presentation must be a stand alone coherent document explaining all relevant project content
- once you have "entered", you should verify your entry has been received, by viewing the entries on this page
Entries Received to date: