...in my case, it has been since 1994. Started off quite funny actually, but that for another time.
In 1994, working in a small to medium size architectural practice in Durban, South Africa, I switched from the ox cart industry standard 2D tablet based monster to ArchiCAD 4.5, yup 4.5, also switched from 486 DX to beige mac with 66MHz PROCESSING POWER...
...it has been a good experience since, I have managed to find these images of some very early ArchiCAD models I built around 1996...
Looking at the latest BIM reel from GRAPHISOFT, I was reminded of the "old days", hence the nostalgia.
- Open BIM FAQ: What are AEC projects' key collaboration issues? (archicadsa.wordpress.com)
- Open BIM FAQ: What are the characteristics of the "traditional" approach? (archicadsa.wordpress.com)
- Open BIM Program (archicadsa.wordpress.com)
- Energy efficiency calculations from BIM: events on now (vipenergy.wordpress.com)
- Open BIM FAQ: What are various approaches to address collaboration issues? (archicadsa.wordpress.com)
- BIM - Productivity with a capitol "B" (bimblogsa.wordpress.com)