ArchiCAD 19 is faster than ever! Find out more...
Reasons to upgrade now, include:
- discounted upgrade fees until 12 June 2015
- own your license, no subscription, no contract
- localised tools for deemed to satisfy SANS building code
- next version upgrade included
- access to the SA Template
- terms and conditions apply (email here for terms and conditions and related queries)
ArchiCAD 19 new features include:
- Improved Work Environment – The new Tab Bar for multiple viewpoints allows speedier switching among Floor Plans, Sections, Elevations, and 3D windows.
- Permanent Guidelines – Brand new Guide Lines, Snap Guides and Snap Points provide permanent graphical support for accurate element creation and editing.
- Interactive 3D Surface Painter – Intuitive, ‘drag-and-drop’ building model surface editing in 3D provides instant, visual feedback. ARCHICAD 19’s new Surface Painter enables designers to change model surfaces in the 3D window with a single click using a floating palette called Surface Editor.
- Smoother, faster 3D navigation with OpenGL – ARCHICAD 19 uses a fully-optimized OpenGL engine ensuring smoother, faster 3D navigation, even when working with extremely large building models.
- Predictive Background Processing (Patent pending) – ARCHICAD 19 takes advantage of unused computer capacity by anticipating potential future user actions and preparing for them in the background. This greatly increases the overall responsiveness of the application, so it feels more agile with projects of any type or size. The dramatic difference between GRAPHISOFT’s next-gen technology and standard BIM software can be best witnessed when returning to one’s previous BIM software without background processing.
- Leading the Way in OPEN BIM – ARCHICAD 19 allows users to import the IFC model exactly as it looked in the original application in which it was created. Collision detection now works with all imported IFC MEP elements as well. Improved collision detection performance makes ARCHICAD 19 a unique BIM authoring tool with full-fledged interdisciplinary coordination capabilities.
Further productivity improvements – ARCHICAD 19 makes many time-consuming tasks easier than ever:
- Point-Cloud Support: 3D laser scanned surveyor data can be imported into the model to help visualize the environment or the “as built” structure.
- Listing Enhancements: Listing skin areas in interactive schedules helps users accurately schedule the area of any skins from composite structures.
- Annotation Improvements: Pointer for Dimension Texts helps dimension narrow structures close to each other by automatically adding pointers. Multi-leader automatic labels help ease the tedious work of documentation.
- PDF improvements: By implementing a truly WYSIWYG – “what you see is what you get” – solution, ARCHICAD 19 ensures that only the visible layers will be included in the created PDF.