Sticking to the technical level coordination between the different trades has been through a long evolution. Traditionally different trades submitted full printed documentation sets at the different stages of the design process and used light-tables to try and coordinate the different building structures and building systems. This approach is still popular today with paper’s digital equivalents the still 2D DWG and PDF based collaboration workflows. with the much richer building information model data. With BIM models there has been an increasing demand for true model based collaboration. Two fundamentally different approaches emerged one known as the “platform” approach where collaboration happens using the different branches of the same software solution, the other known as the “open” approach where different software solutions form the basis of model-based collaboration.
- Open BIM Program (archicadsa.wordpress.com)
- Open BIM FAQ: What are AEC projects' key collaboration issues? (archicadsa.wordpress.com)
- BIM - Productivity with a capitol "B" (bimblogsa.wordpress.com)
- BIMobject - for your online ArchiCAD objects - portal has been launched (archicadsa.wordpress.com)
- Akos Pfemeter talks Open BIM to Architosh (www.architosh.com)
- unlock the power of collaboration with Open BIM (www.archdaily.com)